Research Pt. 2

 This post is just the beginning of the production of the opening film project. I don't have everything mapped out to the fullest but I have an idea of which direction I want the film opening to head in.

STEP 1: RESEARCH

For the past few days now I have been conducting research about the film opening. I have also reviewed about 75 percent of the sample blogs provided to us. I have FINALLY narrowed down my options as it pertains to the genre. The two options I have for the genre is either drama or romance.

STEP 2: GENRE

For this part of the project, my plan is to take my last two options and take about a day to consider everything that comes with it. By this I mean I will create a chart that lists all of the pros and cons that are related to the specific genre. I know I have to do a little more research than required since I will be working individually. With that being said I have to know the history of both genres, find out the context and detail, and to also have an understanding of each genre and exactly what message it has to portray and the meaning I want to get across. Some research I have made for the genre of drama is the most common characters in drama films, sub genres, and what exactly is “drama”. 

- Source for drama:Jones, Libby. “Research into Drama Film Genre!” SlideShare, 30 Sept. 2013, www.slideshare.net/libbyannjones/research-into-drama-film-genre.


For the genre of romance I have researched and written down in detail the sound, camera angles used, sub genres, etc.


Source for romance:

nilezafar Follow. “Genre Analysis - Romance.” SlideShare, 15 Aug. 2016, www.slideshare.net/nilezafar/genre-analysis-romance-64994942.



Final Project Proposal

My final portfolio project will be a film opening task; a video to be exact. The title of my film is Sealed with a KissThis project will cover the elements of a romantic drama and will be portrayed through a couple who people admire but will not let it be known that they have problems of their own. The film opening project will fall below Component 1: Foundation Portfolio in terms of the AICE Media Studies syllabus. It will accomplish Assessment Goals 2 and 3. My plan is to use the internet as a research tool to better guide me while analyzing and studying the overall meaning of said genre. In addition to the research, I will review popular films in the same genre and other examples of past portfolios. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Distribution

Production

Script