Opening Sequence & Locations

I am having a bit of a hard time looking for other films that are a romantic drama. I have researched some romance genre films provided by YouTube. Based on what I have observed, I can almost conclude that the opening sequence should show both of the main female and male characters of the film. There also plenty of examples on YouTube which also shows some great examples of some of the drama film openings. One of the drama films do not necessarily show the faces of the character but it does show a close up shot of their hands. It shows the actions that the character proceeds to complete with their hands and follow every single movement. The filmmaker is also making sure that the audience sees simple things that hint to the overall plot that maybe the character is an undercover spy who poses as someone else. Hence the the title of their film. The opening sequence of each genre separate are great and I have picked up some pretty significant tips which I can hopefully use when getting into the production piece of my film. 

A good majority of the settings of a romance film is probably a hotel or a home/bedroom. Considering the fact that there is supposed to be a love connection between the two main characters of the film. There is always a common ground of this setting because when most of the viewers think about a romance film, the first thing to come to mind most times is a hotel room or a bedroom. With keeping that in mind, I will think consider adding in the setting of a bedroom into my film but only if I can find some sort of way to construct it into there. While reviewing the drama film examples provided, and other outside resources, I have come to the conclusion that the setting/locations of most drama films are in a kitchen or just in a house generally. What I mean by this is there are plenty of actions done in the light and there are some forms are high key lighting used. If not in high key lighting, they are often filmed in the daylight. On the other hand, romance films are filmed in a sort of a night time lighting. So for my film, I will try and incorporate a mix of both and try and produce a dimly lit space. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Distribution

Production

Script